A blog dedicated to tidbits of software information related to the AEC industry. Most tips and tricks are roughly 60 seconds because, "Hey who doesn't have 60 seconds".
*The views and opinions expressed in this blog do not reflect those of my employer.

Friday, January 15, 2016

Clashing Ducts and Walls in #Revit with #DynamoBIM


Every now and then I get a message asking, “Can Dynamo do [insert problem here] in Revit?”
Generally, this is exciting! Because this means that people are opening their minds and thinking outside of the Revit box.
This question came up ragarding ductwork penetrating fire-rated walls. The indidividual wanted to create a 3D view for every clash of duct and fire-rated wall. Well, I have good news. Thanks to the awesome Dynamo community (steamnodes and clockwork) this is very doable!
The video below sums it up, I also include a link for the graph at the end. Note: This does not work for linked models yet. This is very possible and I will post an update in the future.



https://goo.gl/bpCYa8

Have fun!
-John

5 comments:

  1. Nice Work, Just what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Let me know if you need anything

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work John.
    Is this possible to create a wall opening instead of 3d views?

    ReplyDelete
  4. swaprill - Entirely possible! The best way to handle this would be to place a family at the centroid of the given points that cuts the wall. I will try to make a workflow later this week.

    ReplyDelete