A blog dedicated to tidbits of software information related to the AEC industry. Most tips and tricks are roughly 60 seconds because, "Hey who doesn't have 60 seconds".
*The views and opinions expressed in this blog do not reflect those of my employer.

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Visualize Glazing Percentage in #DynamoBIM with Rhythm and Grapher

So this is something that I have wanted to try since I made the Percent Glazing by Orientation node for RTC NA 2015. I was going to try to build graphing capability into Rhythm but it has already been made!

2015-08-06_08h32_48Since the community is awesome I was able to use this package to generate a really cool pie chart to show the amount of glazing per orientation. (For some reason the blue doesn’t show up in the preview)

2015-08-06_08h30_11But it also exports the graph as an awesome vector (.svg) image! Since I can’t embed an svg image type on here I attached it below as a png.

  pieChartPlot8_29_01_727_AM

This opens up some pretty cool possibilities for pulling data from our Revit model.

-johnp

8 comments:

  1. Glad you like it! If you have any ideas for improvement shoot me an email! sixtysecondrevit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse my Dynamo ignorance, but can this charting feature be adapted for other Revit objects, such as Rooms by Department? And could the pie chart be added to a sheet in Revit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. You just need to give it the data and it will display. Download grapher from the package manager and check it out. To add to sheet we would just have to save as an image like jpeg

      Delete
  3. Sounds great, except for the manual SVG to JPG bit. Is there no way to have these charts update live on a Revit sheet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Considering it exports as svg which isn't load able in Revit a conversion is needed. Will require some research. Maybe reach out to the grapher package owner too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can not get an output from this package. even when adopting the script example shown. not many resources on it either, this is the only mention i've come across. JohnP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send me a screenshot and I'll take a look sixtysecondrevit@gmail.com

      Delete